Summer Term – Week 5
Friday 22nd May
Thursday 21st May
|Phonics||General Activity||Shopping Pirate||Fairytale Story|
I have started to make phone calls home as a way to check-in with your child. Please be patient, as I can only make the calls when I am in school, and I have 41 to complete. I really look forward to catching up with you. The phone call is not to check up with how much school work is being completed. It is a well-being check in and a chance for me to chat to your child (and you).
I appreciate all the effort you have put in to working with your child at home. Please do not worry about the amount work that you have completed. I provide a range of activities for you to do-if you wish. There is no expectation for you to compete it all. If your child is lacking in motivation, please do not force them to work to a point where you both feel overwhelmed. Your child is working from home; if they were in school, their motivation would be different for many reasons. Please maintain phonics (as a bare minimum ). Allow them to play lots, and don’t feel guilty if they are watching a little more TV than normal.
Apologies, for not attaching the Nrich activity yesterday. It is now with today’s work.
Wednesday 20th May
Tuesday 19th May
Monday 18th May
Summer Term – Week 4
Friday 15th May
Thursday 14th May
Wednesday 13th May
Tuesday 12th May
Monday 11th May
Summer Term – Week 3
Summer Term – Week 2
Summer Term – Week 1
Hello Butterflies, we hope you have had a lovely Easter Break. We are now starting work for the Summer Term:
30 3 20
Information regarding educational applications which are suitable for EYFs.
Links to other useful EYFS apps and Information
Early years apps approved to help families kick start learning at home
Early Learning HQ
Hello parents and children,
I have been reflecting on the process of home learning, and thinking about the realities of you adjusting to family life and setting up some sort of routine, which is sustainable long term as opposed to short term.
You might be finding this week tricky. I know I am, in terms of getting my head around the concept of managing my time and being productive at home.
- They are not meant to sit at a table for a long period of time (15-20 minutes max).
- Work with them at times when they have the most energy; for example, in the morning.
- Allow them plenty of time to play independently: this is good for them and for you.
- Get them moving and doing exercise at various points of the day.
- Don’t be afraid to change the activities to suit your child’s interests. Use my activities and inputs as guidelines or examples of how to teach the skill. If you notice that your child is interested in different things, incorporate these interests when you are teaching your child the skill. Going with your child’s interests, ensures that they are hooked and engaged.
- Daily, you will receive a phonics PPT (school website).
- Your child will participate in an RWI online session.
- On Monday and Wednesday you will receive a maths focus task (Tapestry app)
- On Tuesday and Thursday you will receive a literacy focus task (Tapestry app)
- Every day you will get a challenge which aims to cover the other prime and specific areas (Tapestry app).
Home Learning 24.03.2020
Hello and welcome to day 2 of Home Learning.
Activities will be uploaded to Tapestry. Today you will have activities linked to maths, literacy and Expressive, arts and design.
Read Write Ink
On Ruth Miskin Facebook and YouTube, there will be live RWI lessons.
Set 1 will be 9.30 or 12.30.
Set 2 will be 10am or 1pm.
Set 3 will be 10.30 or 1.30.
I will let you know, through tapestry, which set your child should participate in.
Please complete this daily. I will continue to send phonics type work, but following the live lessons will ensure consistency and progress being maintained in your child’s phonics development.
Phonics play provide fun and interactive games for your child to play and consolidate their phonics knowledge. Phonics play have kindly, decided to make this free and accessible for all.
- type phonics play into google.
- Username: March20
- Password: home.
Joe wicks, the Body coach, is providing live workout videos for children at 9 am. You can access his live video workouts on Youtube at PE with Joe.
Cosmic Yoga, incorporating storytelling and yoga for young children, is available at:
Go Noodle for fun and dancing go to:
Hello parents and children, 23 3 30
I hope you are well and have had a ‘relaxing’ weekend.
This is our phonics lesson for today Butterflies Phonics 23 3 20
Parents Guidance Butterflies Parents info
The literacy and maths work will be sent through tapestry.
It is important to note that Maths and literacy are only 2 of the specific areas, which your child must master, in order to achieve their Early Learning goals. Keeping that in mind, your child will be sent a range of activities which will further develop the other areas.
This is the link to the EYFS Framework, which underpins my planning.
This document explains what the prime and specific areas area and shows the developmental progression in each area. Your child is working within the 40-60 section and the Early Learning goals.
I will update you further with an outline of the theme for the next two weeks. Thank you for your patience. What I had planned, now needs tweaking as there are limitations of what can be done around the home during a time where you cannot just pop out for bits and bobs.